Water main extension for fire protection
Toho Water (Toho) and Osceola County along with aid from a county awarded grant, are jointly funding the construction of approximately 7,400 feet of 8" water main extension for the purpose of providing fire protection to the Tropical Park community. Along with the main extension, fire hydrants will be installed.
Toho and DB Civil Construction are expected start the water main extension project in Tropical on July 14, 2021. The water main extension will offer fire protection to approximately 72% of the Tropical Park Community.
To provide fire protection to as much of Tropical Park as possible with the current available funds the water main will extend through the following streets:
- Tropical Lake Drive from Carroll Street to Sunset Boulevard.
- Sunset Boulevard from Tropical Park Lake to Miami Terrace
- Miami Terrace from Sunset Boulevard to Newcombe Lane
- Newcombe Lane from Miami Terrace to West Tropicana Court
- West Tropicana Court from Newcombe Lane to Larson Street
- Larson Street from West Tropicana Court to Country Boulevard
- Country Boulevard from Larson Street to Orange Blossom Trail
This project is being carried out by DB Civil Construction and is expected to be completed by December 2021 along with area restoration. Work hours will be Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Schedules could vary according to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Motorists and pedestrians are urged to use caution when approaching construction areas, as workers will be present and roads may be closed and sidewalks possibly closed, and diverted.
- Temporary road and driveway closures
- Possible temporary water service disruptions
- Noise and vibrations
- Barricades and fencing for safety
- Trucks, machinery and equipment
Residents will be notified in advance of temporary road and driveway closures as well as water service disruptions should they occur. Project updates will also be provided on this page.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- DB Civil Construction: 386-256-7460
- Toho Water Authority: 407-944-5000