Safe interviews amid COVID-19
As Toho Water Authority continues to respond to COVID-19 and comply with Shelter in Place Orders and Social Distancing guidelines, virtual interactions are being added as necessary steps in lieu of and prior to inviting a candidate to an in-person job interview. Toho's recruitment and hiring process are still ongoing. However, during this time, it is important to limit the need for a candidate to be on-site for an in-person interview. Below are best practices currently available for our selection process.
VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS DURING COVID-19
Phone interviews and video interviews may be used as a tool in the selection process. These interviews may be conducted by telephone or via an application such as WebEx to enable remote communication between the hiring manager and the applicant and the interview team members.
ON-SITE INTERVIEWS DURING COVID-19
Expectations - Applicants who move forward in the selection process and are invited to an in-person interview will receive specific instructions regarding the following:
- Location of interview, including parking area.
- Where to enter the building.
- Instructions on who to call and reschedule if the applicant is sick. Any applicant who is sick, should reschedule. Refer to CDC's list of symptoms of the coronavirus.
Social Distancing - Applicants who move forward in the selection process and are invited to an in-person interview, should expect to abide by the following social distancing guidelines while on site:
- Avoid close contact. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation between each person involved.
- Wash your hands properly and use hand sanitizer.
- Do not shake hands.
Health Screening - Applicants who move forward in the selection process and are invited to an in-person interview will be required to complete a health screening upon arrival as follows:
You will self-screen your temperature using a provided thermometer. If your temperature is 100 degrees or higher, please answer the following questions?
- Did you recently travel to an area with known local spread of COVID-19?
- Did you come into close contact with someone who has a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days?
- Have you been experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC?
If applicant answers YES to any of the above, then the interview will be rescheduled.
Face Coverings - Applicants who move forward in the selection process and are invited to an in-person interview will be required to where a face covering that covers the nose and mouth while on-site.