a 1” or 2” hydrant meter?
To have a hydrant meter issued to you simply fill out our online Hydrant Meter Application. Once submitted one of our representatives from Business Services will contact you within 24 hours. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Charges for hydrant meters
Monthly Base Charge: $10.50
Per 1,000 Gallon Charge: $1.80
Monthly Base Charge: $28.50
Per 1,000 Gallon Charge: $1.80
To make payments online go to: www.tohowater.com and click on Pay My Bill - You will need the 18-digit account number. A member of our team will provide you with an account number.
When mailing payments the address is:
Toho Water Authority
PO Box 30527
Tampa, Florida 33630-3527
Prior to receiving your hydrant meter the deposit must be paid at least 48 hours before the available pick up times.
Pick up and drop off times and location
To pick up or drop off meters or equipment customers need to go to Field Services located at 102 North Alaska Ave, Kissimmee, FL between 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
Please Note: To ensure proper issuance of hydrant meters and equipment the deposit must be paid at least 48 hours before the available pick up times.
Hydrant meter requirements & conditions
1. To ensure proper issuance of hydrant meters and equipment the deposit must be paid at least 48 hours before the available pick up times.
2. Customer MUST submit digital images of monthly reads by the second business day of the month by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide reads could delay permanent meter installation requests.
3. If a read is not submitted by the above deadline there will be a $50 charge per meter.
a. 1” Meter – Seven digit number
b. 2” Meter – Eight digit number
4. An invoice will be mailed monthly for usage and base charges.
5. Hydrant meters are only to be used on potable water hydrants.
6. Any fitting that is attached to the hydrant meter and/or backflow assembly must be PVC or brass and should be removed before it is returned to Toho Water Authority. If it cannot be removed, the customer will be charged for the meter or backflow replacement from their deposit.
7. If the meter is moved to a job site other than the one listed on the application Toho MUST be notified. Failure to comply could result in the confiscation of the hydrant meter.
8. Hydrant meters must have a reduced pressure zone backflow device attached to it. Upon any inspection if it is not properly attached to the meter a tampering fee of $300 will be charged and the meter may be confiscated.
9. Upon returning the meter back to Toho, staff will inspect all the equipment for any damage. All damage shall be the responsibility of the customer and will be charged to the account. All charges will be deducted from the deposit.
10. The security of the meter, backflow, and stand is the responsibility of the customer.
11. The hydrant meter is for temporary use only and it shall not be used to provide permanent water use, no exceptions.
12. When kept for an extended period all equipment MUST be returned to Toho annually for inspection. Failure to comply can result in the meter being confiscated.
13. Toho reserves the right to confiscate the meter, backflow, and stand at their discretion. If confiscated customers will be notified within 72 hours.